Jon Morris, Marketing Executive at Sika Limited discusses the recent Decothane Ultra Launch.
Sika Liquid Plastics has recently celebrated the launch of Decothane Ultra, the next generation in liquid waterproofing.
One of the main issues facing the use of liquids, in various refurbishment situations still relates to the odour emitted during and for a period after application. Decothane Ultra is a unique product which has extremely low odour, using patented technology, which has been developed specifically for use in highly sensitive areas, such as hospitals, food manufacturing plants and schools. Decothane Ultra opens opportunities for architects, specifiers and contractors, to use liquid waterproofing within these niche and specialised markets.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF DECOTHANE ULTRA
- Low Odour – reducing the solvent using a unique patented formula, means Decothane Ultra is an extremely low odour product that has been extensively tested by external parties.
- Guarantees – 15, 20 and 25 year systems are available and can be backed by our single point guarantee, covering the entire roofing system from the deck upwards, and the workmanship of our Quality Assured Contractors to give you complete peace of mind.
- Full Service Package – this includes a consultation and roof survey, design and specification, and all guarantee options and site support via applications.
- Reduced moisture sensitivity –reduced moisture sensitivity is inherent within the new Sika patented curing agent, meaning improved application.
- Reduced VOC -Decothane Ultra has reduced VOC‘s and therefore less impact on the environment.
- Improved Shelf Stability – The new curing agent is more stable in-can and this allows longer shelf lives to be achieved.
To celebrate the launch of this market leading innovation, Sika Liquid Plastics invited all of its Southern Quality Assured Contractors to Lingfield Park for the unveiling, as well as some golf and some horse racing!
We started the day with the official launch, as speakers from Sika Liquid Plastics, including Mike Bryne, Head of R&D, took to the stage to explain the benefits and science behind the new waterproofing system.
A demonstration was then delivered by Training Manager Mark Monk, who showed how easy Decothane Ultra is to apply, and how fantastic it looks once installed.
Once the demonstration was over, it was time for the contractors and Sika Liquid Plastics Sales Force to start a round of Golf at the Lingfield Marriot Hotel course. We couldn’t have asked for better weather!!
After a difficult 18 holes…everyone had a bite to eat and headed to Lingfield Park Race Course to enjoy an afternoon at the races.
All in all, this was a great day to celebrate the launch of a great new product. Decothane Ultra is the start of something special for Sika Liquid Plastics. For more information about this revolutionary new product, please visit the Sika Liquid Plastics website